UNFPA National Consultant Integrated Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Jobs 2021 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNFPA Nigeria programme looking for “National Consultant Integrated Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 27 August 2021.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. Its work includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
UNFPA National Consultant Integrated Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Jobs 2021
The UNFPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 24 August 2021 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of National Consultant Integrated Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNFPA Job Vacancy 2021
Scope of Work: The Country Programme Evaluation will focus on geographic, thematic and temporal scopes of the CP; and cover both programmatic analysis and strategic positioning analysis. It is expected to provide answers to a number of evaluation questions, which are derived from key evaluation criteria of relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability, while giving particular attention to the humanitarian aspects that the country has faced during the life of the programme.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The integrated SRHR expert will provide expertise on integrated SRH services, HIV and other sexually transmitted infections, maternal health, obstetric fistula, family planning, and midwifery. The SRHR expert will also provide expertise on youth-friendly SRHR services, adolescent pregnancy, SRHR of young women and adolescent girls, and access to contraceptives for young women and adolescent girls. S/he will contribute to the methodological design of the evaluation and take part in the data collection and analysis work, with overall responsibility of contributions to the expected deliverables in her/his thematic area of expertise. S/he will provide substantive inputs throughout the evaluation process by contributing to the development of the evaluation methodology, evaluation work plan and agenda for the field phase, participating in meetings with the Evaluation Manager, UNFPA Nigeria CO staff and the ERG. S/he will undertake a document review and conduct remote and/or in-person interviews and group discussions with stakeholders, as agreed with the evaluation team leader.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Medicine, Health Economics and Financing, Epidemiology, Biostatistics or a related field.
- Seven (7) years of experience in conducting evaluations, reviews, assessments, research studies or M&E work in the field of international development and/or humanitarian action.
- Substantive knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights, including access to sexual and reproductive health information, maternal health, Obstetric Fistula, HIV, and ASRH and education for adolescents and youths.
- Preferred good knowledge of humanitarian strategies, policies, frameworks and principles as well as the international humanitarian architecture and coordination mechanisms.
- Ability to ensure ethics and integrity of the evaluation process, including confidentiality and prevention of harm to evaluation subjects.
- Ability to consistently integrate human rights and gender perspectives in all phases of the evaluation process.
- Solid knowledge of evaluation approaches and methodology and demonstrated ability to apply both quantitative and qualitative data collection methods.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team of experts.
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), facilitation and knowledge-sharing skills.
- Work experience in/ good knowledge of the national development context of Nigeria
- Familiarity with UNFPA or other United Nations organizations’ mandates and operations will be an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Level: NOC
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Language: Fluent in written and spoken English
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNFPA National Consultant Integrated Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Jobs 2021
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 27 August 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.