Title: Site Boiler operator
Reporting to: Boilers Operations supervisor/Technician
Supervises Boiler General Hand.
Key roles & responsibilities
- Boiler Operations Roles
- Competently operate the boiler as per the set-out SOPs (standard operating procedure) for maximum output
- Ensure steam is readily available at clients sites for use at the start of every shift (day/night) or as otherwise instructed by the Operations supervisor
- Ensure that no unauthorized person enters the boiler area.
- Carry out daily and weekly maintenance of boilers as on plans & per the SOPs.
- Ensure proper housekeeping by maintaining boiler rooms and related work areas in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Report to the Boiler supervisor, any abnormal operating conditions/faults or major repair requirements and assist in implementing remedial action.
- Adhere to safety regulations including but not limited to the use of PPE, follow established work practices and SOPs in order to maintain an accident-free workplace.
- Lead the quarterly and annual maintenance activities of the boiler.
- Maintain relevant documentation/data logs – input/record required service data accurately in a timely manner and properly store it as required by the business.
- Implement ad-hoc company agenda at Boiler site
- Maintain a ratio of above 4.5
- Liaise with head office for required spares as and when needed and ensure used ones are returned.
- Fuel stocks & Reports
- Take charge of site fuel/briquettes management to always ensure optimum stock at hand.
- Ensure full documentation & adherence to stock delivery standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Guarantee transparent and honest operations at boiler sites, raw materials, labor & resources
- Record, document, and share on a daily basis boiler output standard report a factor of fuel to steam ratio to maintain 4.5.
- Ensuring physical and theoretical stock match
- To carry out any other relevant duty as may be assigned from time to time
Key Performancedowntimelogbooks Indicator
|1||Attain efficiency of boiler operations||Ensure optimum and timely operations & service to achieve a ratio of 4.5||100%|
|2||No production down time due to boiler operations failure||Always ensure maintenance and boiler service schedules are adhered to closely||100%|
|3||Workplace incidents/accidents maintained at 0%||Ensuring safety at workplace kept clean & neat and taking precaution/ observing safe work practices.||100%|
|4||Proper, accurate, and timely records and log books update.||Ensuring data is captured, updated & shared without fail||100%|
|5||Full report compliance||Ensuring reports are sent in a timely manner on daily basis.||100%|