ROLE PURPOSE: The Project/ Capacity building Officer will support the implementation of ECHO Top Up project and work capacity building of project staff through provision of technical support and conducting health and nutrition training and on the Job Coaching of the project staff in this role, the postholder will support the project Coordinator in successful implementation of the project.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Lead field level implementation of health and nutrition promotion activities of the project
2. Coordinate project activities with relevant Government Directorates, Basic Package of Heath Service (BPHS) NGOs
3. Lead field level impmentition of hygiene promotion activities of the project
4. Conduct training need assessment, prepare and prepare training plan for the health and nutrition promoters and CHWs
5. Coordinate project training plan with BPHS and Provincial public health directorate.
6. Ensure, development of training material and its translation in local languages
7. Collect project data from health and Health and nutrition promoters, analyse and submit to Project coordinator and PPHD/MoPH on timely bases
8. Identify and report immediately any medical or administrative problems that may interfere in achieving programme objectives
9. Organize community diallage session on health nutrition promotion behaviour issues in close collaboration with community elders, health Shuras and BPHS NGO staff
10. Meet regularly with beneficiary communities and leaders, to ensure project effectiveness and community involvement in decision making on the services
11. Under take regular supportive supervision to project sites, on provide on the job training to health and Nutrition promoters and CHWs for the smooth running of project activities
12. Perform any other task relevant to the scope of work as assigned by the line manager
13. Facilitated nutrition promotion training for the nutrition promoter and CHWs
14. Compile and generate the training reports conducted in provinces.
15. Work closely with the Save the children program teams, including other sectors, to develop applicable materials on child rights, child protection, participation, health education, environmental protection etc.
• Ensure that all beneficiaries of your program are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
• Report any Child Safeguard and/or PSEA cases if encountered.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
Holds the team to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external and supporters
Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
Willing to take disciplined risks.
Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Medical Degree (MD)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Graduated from recognized medical faculty with two years of experience in health and nutrition project management.
Medical Diploma (MD) with previous experience of working in the Health and projects at least for 2 years
Familiarity with HMIS/ databases of MoPH will be an asset
Good knowledge and experience of Project Management skill including basic administration and management.
Good knowledge and experience of Health and nutrition training delivery.
A thorough understanding of project cycle management, especially M&E processes, and reporting –
Efficiency, result-oriented and excellent management and training capabilities –
Capacity to perform effectively under pressure and harsh conditions; ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner –
Excellent capacity development and teamwork skills; cross-cultural and gender sensitivity –
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time which are reasonable in relation to their level of skills and experience.
In the event of a significant humanitarian emergency, the post-holder will be expected to work outside their normal job description; vary their working hours; and occasionally work from a different location should the need arise.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
About Save the Children
WE BELIEVE EVERY CHILD DESERVES A FUTURE.
Around the world, too many children start life at a disadvantage simply because of who they are and where they come from.
Millions of children are dying from preventable causes, face poverty, violence, disease and hunger. They are caught up in war zones and disasters they did nothing to create. And they are denied an education and other basic rights owed to them.
All children deserve better.
We champion the rights and interests of children worldwide, putting the most vulnerable children first.
With 25,000 dedicated staff across 120 countries, we respond to major emergencies, deliver innovative development programmes, and ensure children’s voices are heard through our campaigning to build a better future for and with children.
ACCELERATING PROGRESS FOR CHILDREN
Our ambition for 2030 is to create a world in which all children:
- Survive: No child dies from preventable causes before their fifth birthday
- Learn: All children learn from a quality basic education
- Are Protected: Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
Our bold ambition builds on 100 years’ experience of bringing communities, civil society, governments, businesses and donors together to achieve lasting change for children.
We believe this is the only way that we can inspire real progress and breakthroughs in the way the world treats children.
We are a global membership organisation, made up of Save the Children International and 29 national members.
We share one name, one strategy and one ambition for all children to survive, learn and be protected.