Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to [email protected] or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Software Engineer (Remote, Lisbon, Nairobi)
In the fastest growing economies in the world, people are spending $100B a year on pay-as-you-go healthcare that delivers poor outcomes. Every year,150M families fall back into poverty due to catastrophic healthcare expenses. And now a tsunami of chronic disease is making things even worse. In a market like Kenya, where we are first focused, only 3% of the population has decent health insurance coverage.
The COVID pandemic has created a once-in-a-generation moment to reimagine healthcare. Antara’s virtual-first primary care with health navigation is the only model in an emerging market to have demonstrated world-class health outcomes with simultaneous cost reductions.
Scaling Antara’s model will make quality healthcare affordable for billions of people who need access and protection in healthcare. We use cutting edge automation and machine learning to help our clinical team serve more people, more effectively. We use the latest data science methods to optimize our members’ risks, costs and satisfaction.
Read more about Antara’s vision (written by one of our investors) Antara Health – Natively Integrated Healthcare
We’re growing quickly and we need your help
We’re looking for an experienced software-engineer who is passionate about creating the future of healthcare to join our unique team. As a software developer, you’ll be the brain behind crafting, developing, testing, launching and maintaining the system. You are passionate in understanding the business context for features built to drive better customer experience and adoption.
Antara is building a time-zone aligned & remote-first product development team with centers of gravity in Nairobi and Lisbon. Presence in Nairobi and Lisbon highly valued (in 2022, we will sponsor permanent residence opportunities in Portugal for non-EU citizens).
- Familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from analysis to deployment.
- Comply with coding standards and technical design.
- Believes in systematic approach to developing the system through clear documentation (flowcharts, layouts, & etc) of functionality, address every use case through creative solutions.
- Adapts structured coding styles for easy review, testing and maintainability of the code.
- Integrate the developed functionality and/or component into a fully functional system.
- Ensure unit and integration level verification plan are in place and adheres to great quality of code at all time.
- Active participate in troubleshooting, debugging and updating current live system.
- Verify user feedback in making system more stable and easy.
- Work closely with product managers, designers and other peer developers.
- Preparing technical training documents for onboarding new engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience that informs a solid foundation in computer science
- 3+ years of experience as Software Engineer in a fast-paced engineering organization
- Experience shipping and iterating on commercial-grade product (i.e. not just contract services)
- At least 4 hours of time-zone aligned work hours with East Africa Time (EAT)
- Have demonstrated passion for code craftsmanship
Bonus if you have experience in:
- Healthcare / clinical applications
- Secure omnichannel messaging / engagement / behavior change
- Actuarial data science
- Contributing to open-source projects
- Mentoring and leading engineers
How To Apply
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.