Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to [email protected] or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Head of Engineering (Remote, Lisbon, Nairobi)
In the fastest growing economies in the world, people are spending $100B a year on pay-as-you-go healthcare that delivers poor outcomes. Every year,150M families fall back into poverty due to catastrophic healthcare expenses. And now a tsunami of chronic disease is making things even worse. In a market like Kenya, where we are first focused, only 3% of the population has decent health insurance coverage.
The COVID pandemic has created a once-in-a-generation moment to reimagine healthcare. Antara’s virtual-first primary care with health navigation is the only model in an emerging market to have demonstrated world-class health outcomes with simultaneous cost reductions.
Scaling Antara’s model will make quality healthcare affordable for billions of people who need access and protection in healthcare. We use cutting edge automation and machine learning to help our clinical team serve more people, more effectively. We use the latest data science methods to optimize our members’ risks, costs and satisfaction.
Read more about Antara’s vision (written by one of our investors) Antara Health – Natively Integrated Healthcare
We’re growing quickly and we need your help
We are looking for our first head of engineering who can recruit, nurture and super-charge a world-class engineering organization and culture, starting with our small-and-scrappy team of 6 (and growing) engineers.
As Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for software development, architecture, and infrastructure across the organization. This is an opportunity to do consequential work that directly improves the lives of those who need it the most.
Antara is building a time-zone aligned & remote-first product development team with centers of gravity in Nairobi and Lisbon. Presence in Nairobi and Lisbon highly valued (in 2022, we will sponsor permanent residence opportunities in Portugal for non-EU citizens).
- Lead engineering activities, teams, and projects across our AWS/Django backend, React Native-based customer-facing experience, and React-based care team experience
- Recruit and manage world-class engineering talent
- Implement and continuously improve processes for high-velocity engineering, including DevOps, testing, CI/CD, PRs, etc.
- Work cross functionally with business leaders in product, revenue, data science, and clinical roles to create and prioritize an engineering roadmap
- Develop and monitor engineering metrics data for strategic planning
- Lead programs to ensure project documentation is complete and accurate. Develop process and standards to maintain these documentation systems
- Manage an agile software development process
- Represent the engineering organization as part of executive leadership
- The best manager your direct reports ever had
- Have a Computer Science degree or related experience
- Are working in a software company with the title of head/director/vp of engineering
- An experienced software developer, with eight to ten years professional experience,
- Experienced with strong architectural and system design skills. Ideally, cross AWS and GCP services.
- Exceptionally high standards with Github/PR, build/deploy, agile development processes —and changing the engineering roadmap as business needs change
- Experience with REST/graphQL API design and implementation
- Passionate about improving the quality of life of our members
How To Apply
Success! You’re on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn’t process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.