Save the Children invites applications for the above mentioned. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
The main responsibility of Advisor-Climate Change Adaptation is to enhance SCI’s position and footprint in Climate Change arena by ensuring technical support, leading resource mobilization, coordination with relevant actors and representing SCI in platforms/networks in Bangladesh, Asia region and global level as well. The role also ensures proper advocacy agenda has been taken forward so that children and their care givers are given importance and considered in national policies and guidelines. S/he will work as technical resource person across all the sectors of Save the Children and identifying resource opportunity and provide technical support in proposals, reports and ongoing activities coupled with Red Alert Campaign and other relevant advocacy initiatives. This will contribute towards achieving change objectives in line with the Save the Children’s focus on children wellbeing.
The Advisor will maintain a network of contacts amongst policy counterparts, institutional donors, civil society, and institutions that Save the Children are influencing, and support the climate change program and policy lead in engaging externally in civil society coalitions and relevant advocacy spaces. S/he will be part of Save the Children’s public and program policy expertise, acting as a CCA spokesperson and feeding into strategic decision-making processes across policy and advocacy and the wider organization. S/he will develop credible analysis and products for the organizational advocacy and campaigns audiences, in collaboration with the country programs and in line with National policy and strategy.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 8 years’ working experience, preferably in the areas of CCA and DRR of which 4 years in senior technical management position
- S/he should be an excellent analyst, researcher and writer
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, including report writing
- Presentation/Financial/budget management skills
- Motivated, committed, responsible, able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Networking/Training/capacity building skills
- Ability to work in a team with flexibility to undertake challenging task and adapt to different working conditions.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Social Sciences/Disaster Management/Environmental Science/MDS or related discipline
Contract length: Regular
Job Location: Dhaka
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.